Human trafficking is a hot topic issue these days. The statistics are tragic and horrific, the injustice is terrifying, and we can’t wrap our minds around even part of what human trafficking consists of because of the magnitude of the evil. Why should we even care and why should we attempt to do anything about such a massive issue when it seems so huge and helpless?
- because God is bigger than the huge problem of human trafficking
- because God, our Creator, Savior, Justifier, Redeemer, and Judge is not helpless by any means
- because God cares
- because God created His church (His people) to care about what He cares about (the sick, the broken, the dying)
- because we’re not the ones making a difference in the first place – it’s God making a difference through us (if we let Him use us)! 🙂
Because of these Truths, I want to share an opportunity for those of you in the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area. We’re hosting a screening of a documentary about human trafficking at the IHOPE House of Prayer Missions Base in Waterloo, Iowa (http://www.ihopehop.org/). The documentary was made by Benjamin Nolot, founder of Exodus Cry (http://exoduscry.com/) which is a nonprofit organization fighting against the injustice of human trafficking. He’s a Jesus-loving man, and the documentary not only provides accurate, clear definitions of what human trafficking is and practical ways of how to fight against it; but, it is also hopeful.
I think this documentary well-defines and thoroughly explains both the problem and the solution. I think it would be great if many of you would be able to see the documentary and benefit from the knowledge, awareness, and practical tools it gives.
It’s coming this Saturday to IHOPE House of Prayer! You can see the documentary, Nefarious: Merchant of Souls, by going to 722 S. Hackett Rd in Waterloo, Iowa. The screening starts at 3pm, and doors open at 2:35pm. Admission is FREE, and FREE childcare is also provided. Please make use of this free event, especially if God has laid human trafficking, prostitution, sexual purity, and/or Biblical marriages and relationships on your heart.
You can check out a trailer at http://nefariousdocumentary.com/.
- What: Screening documentary, Nefarious: Merchant of Souls
- When: 3pm screening, doors open at 2:35pm
- Where: IHOPE House of Prayer Missions Base, 722 S. Hackett Rd, Waterloo, Iowa 50701
- Note: Free childcare, free admission