Recently, I’ve been encouraged by these Truths from Scripture, and I have been meditating on them and praying through them, particularly for our time in Cambodia. Our team has been praying together weekly for over four months, and we’re confident we are covered in prayer; because we’re also blessed to have people praying FOR us. For those of you praying for our team of 8, please feel free to use this as a reference to pray through certain passages. These are Scriptures that have repeatedly come up to us during prayer, and we want to pray and agree with God in all that He has for us. Please pray for us by simply reading the passages and agreeing with God in what He has for us, saying, “Yes, God; yes, God.”
- Whether I’m in Waterloo, Iowa or in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, my purpose and goal in life is one in the same…..to love God. And nothing can keep me from this purpose; because nothing can keep me from the love of God.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
2. God has been, is, and will be protecting us. Please agree with God that He is keeping us safe.
Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—
the Most High, who is my refuge—
no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no plague come near your tent…
…Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
– Psalm 91:9-10, 14
3. The Spirit of the Lord is not only WITH us, but is UPON us and wants us to preach good news to the poor (the poor being anyone who has less than us financially, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, ect.)
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
4. God wants to give great exchanges to us! Us – trading our dirty rags and Him trading His gifts better than gold!
3 to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.
4 They shall build up the ancient ruins;
they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
the devastations of many generations.
5. God wants to shine His light in dark places, including Cambodia.
Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.
2 For behold, darkness shall cover the earth,
and thick darkness the peoples;
but the Lord will arise upon you,
and his glory will be seen upon you.
6. God wants earth to be as things are in Heaven. He wants there to NOT be wickedness, oppression, sickness, hunger, or nakedness. Please pray against these things and INSTEAD pray for righteousness, freedom, health, fullness, and covering. There’s a cause -> effect here. IF we choose the fast God wants us to choose, then we will loose bonds of wickedness, undo straps of yoke, and break yokes. We’ll feed the hungry and cover the naked. The promise for obeying this is that our light will break forth like the dawn and out healing will spring up speedily. Please pray for this to happen!
“Is not this the fast that I choose:
to loose the bonds of wickedness,
to undo the straps of the yoke,
to let the oppressed go free,
and to break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry
and bring the homeless poor into your house;
when you see the naked, to cover him,
and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up speedily;
your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
– Isaiah 58:6-8
7. God is going to supernaturally protect us in order that we are under satan’s radar. We will be invisible to satan, in order that we’re delivered from his arrows. (Remember that GOD is all-knowing and sees all. All-knowing, all-powerful, and being everywhere at one time are characteristics of God, not of satan. Satan doesn’t have those powers.)
For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
5 You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
– Psalm 91:3-6