There are different kinds of people in the world.
There are those who know they are called Sons and Daughters of God, and there are those who believe they are Sons and Daughters of God.
Those who BELIEVE they are Sons and Daughters of God walk differently. They don’t get offended easily. They have confidence in themselves, because their Father has confidence in them. They know they are gifted, capable, and have a specific role to fulfill within the Body of Christ. Often, they know their specific role and are excellent at fulfilling it. They walk confidently and use their gifts excellently, because they know who they are. They know who they are, because they know whose they are. They know who they belong to.
This is a good thing. Sometimes we mistake confidence for arrogance. Knowing who we are because we know our Father is Biblical. It’s not to be confused with arrogance.
If you are a singer and you sing well, then praise God. If you are an artist, and people are inspired by Your art work, it’s because God is working in and through you to bless others. If you are a teacher, and people come up to you asking questions all the time in order to gain clarity, then praise the Lord because He is using you as He created you to be used within the Body!
Something that I recognized yesterday….we are not here only for God. We are here to bless other people, as well. (Philippians 1:21-26) Our main goal and purpose is this: to love God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength. (Matthew 22:37) We love God by obeying Him. (John 14:15, 20, 23) We obey Him by loving other people. (Matthew 25:35-40, John 13:34-35)
I am to love God.
I am to love God by obeying Him.
How do I obey Him?
I love other people.
One way we love God AND obey Him by blessing people is to walk rightly in our identity; because when we walk in our identity, we use our gifts which
1) Give glory to God
2) Encourage and bless the Body of Christ
Thus, we need to
1) KNOW our gifts
2) USE them within the Body of Christ
Here’s the kicker. If we are NOT using our gifts within the Body of Christ, it is either because we
1) Do not know our gifts (a matter of gaining knowledge to KNOW our giftings)
2) Are not confident in using our gifts (a matter of DISCIPLINE to practice our gifts in order that we mature and grow in them)
3) Refuse to use our gifts (a matter of REPENTANCE because we are saying no to what God has for us and we are choking the Body)
The practical application here is simple.
1) If you know your gift – use it! Use it confidently! Sing well, paint like Picasso, teach whenever possible. Use it to glorify God and bless people. Fulfill your role EXCELLENTLY!
2) If you’re not confident, yet – PRACTICE! Have discipline, work hard, and practice at it. You need to be comfortable with not only the skill, but also your identity; because when you know whose you are, Your motivation will operate from a place of being loved rather than striving to be loved. If you are not comfortable using your gift, meditate on who you belong to and who He calls you (Beloved) (Mine) (Longed For One).
3) If you refuse to use your gift – repent. This is a matter of pride.
Then, start using your gift.