My prayer in a Word lately has been GRACE.
“God, give us grace. Help us receive. We need grace to know You. We just need grace! Help! Give people grace so they can worship You! We need grace immensely and intensely! Grace, Lord! Help us fear You! Help us love You well! May we love You, worship You, fear You. Give us grace, God. We just really need You.”
I found my heart’s cry in Psalm 67.
Psalm 67 (revised by me)
1. God, be gracious to us and bless us and make Your face shine upon us.
2. in order that your way can be known on the earth, your saving power known to all tribes, tongues, and people groups.
3. I want the people to praise You, God! Give them grace to praise You!
4. Show them You are worthy so they may rejoice and be glad and sing for joy,
for You are the One who judges all people justly.
5. Let the people praise You, Oh God, my God, let them praise You!
6. The earth has yielded its increase. God, I know You will bless us, because You are good.
7. You’ll bless us. I know it. I believe it. I trust in Your goodness. May everyone fear You, Lord – even to the ends of the earth, let the people honor You and bless Your name.