“They triumphed over [the accuser] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” -Revelation 12:11
They = Believers (Revelation 12:10)
The accuser = Satan (Revelation 12:9)
The Lamb = Jesus (Revelation 5:12-13)
How do we as Believers triumph over satan?
By the blood of the Lamb & by sharing our testimonies.
1. A formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law.
2. Evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.
Sharing our testimonies has somehow come to be a daunting thing. I don’t know why we are sometimes scared to say how the Lord has blessed us. We have all been saved from crappy situations (whether that’s physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, or most likely, a combination of all of the above). If we haven’t been saved FROM something (depression, for example) and saved FOR something (eternal bliss with God), then we are just lost and not saved. Therefore, we should be SUPER excited to tell our testimonies! Not only because it’s fun to give glory to God in this way, but because our testimonies are powerful!
Testimonies help us
– to remain grateful for what God has done in our past
– to remember God will be faithful in the future
– to encourage others who have gone through similar things
– to show God is powerful & is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow – still doing miracles!
Therefore, we humble ourselves, let go of our pride, and admit that we have been messy and in need of God. This is now our testimony – that we have been in need of God and that He has and is fulfilling our needs.
To triumph over satan, we must
1. Receive the blood of the Lamb
2. Share our testimonies
We have overcome, by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony…
How had God blessed you today?
What prayers has He answered for you this week?
What has He done in your life?
Write this, speak it, share it, put it in a song. Declare what the Lord has done in your life, because by His blood and the word of our testimonies, WE TRIUMPH over the accuser who accuses day & night and we are NO LONGER PUT TO SHAME because we are in Christ Jesus! (Romans 8:1)